Learning objectives and outcomes:
- To provide and understand the New Zealand legal definition of a herbal remedy and differentiate it from a medicine.
- To outline legislation affecting Complementary and Alternative medicine products and practitioners in New Zealand
- To discuss the key components of Good Manufacturing Practice
- To discuss current policies and policy issues regarding herbal medicines in New Zealand and to have an appreciation of policies in other countries.
- To be familiar with key Government discussion and consultation documents affecting use of herbs and views of stakeholders.