Would you be interested in joining our Society?
Our meetings are held on the last Thursday of the month at 7pm (the Blind and Low Vision Centre, 172 Queens Drive, Invercargill where the Society, inconjunction with Parks and Reserves manages the Fragrant Garden).
At each meeting we have:
- Theme for the night with a display
- General business
- Herb of the Night
- Topic eg. Speaker, craft making, demonstrations, pot luck meal
- Sales table – members are welcome to bring along garden produce, plants, craft item, bottles or jars
- Library – there is a large selection of books and magazines for members to borrow
- Supper – with herbal tea
The Herb Society established and, inconjugation with the Parks and Reserves, maintains the fragrant garden at the Blind Centre.
A monthly newsletter “Herbal Harvest” is emailed to all financial members.
Subscriptions are $35 per person and $50 per family.
You are welcome to come along for two meetings and see if you like us before you join up. We do hope you will increase your knowledge of herbs with us.
For further details contact the secretary:
Programme 2023 (PDF, 75.79 kB)
Foraging Notes and Recipes (PDF, 288.41 kB)
- November 2022 (PDF, 1.95 MB)
- April 2022 (PDF, 3.85 MB)
- November 2021 (PDF, 4.06 MB)
- April 2021 (PDF, 5.69 MB)
- November 2020 (PDF, 6.61 MB)
- April 2020 (PDF, 2.93 MB)
- February 2019 (PDF, 546.42 kB)
- August 2017 (PDF, 631.53 kB)
- November 2015 (PDF, 7.72 MB)
Related news items
Southland Herb Society celebrated their 40th anniversary on 13 March with a dinner at the Cabbage Tree Restaurant. Forty five past and present members gathered to reminisce. Jane Wrigglesworth joined the proceedings as the after dinner speaker. She spoke in particular on the use of herbs to help… Read more...
Southland Herb Society celebrated 40 years at their ‘Spring Festival of Herbs’ on the 9th-10th October 2021. Members shared their passion and interest in herbs with each other and the public at The Blind and Low Vision Centre. The rooms were filled with Spring flowers and herbs of every… Read more...
Southland Herb Society celebrated Herb Awareness earlier this month by combining with Southland Heritage month. They celebrated the life of Olive Dunn. Olive was instrumental in forming the Southland Herb Society in 1981 and she went on to become a life member. She also was a celebrated and well… Read more...