Would you be interested in joining our Society?
Our meetings are held on the last Thursday of the month at 7pm at the Blind Centre,
172 Queens Drive, Invercargill where the Society, inconjunction with Parks and Reserves manages the Fragrant Garden..
At each meeting we have:
- Theme for the night with a display
- General business
- Herb of the Night
- Topic eg. Speaker, craft making, demonstrations, pot luck meal
- Sales table – members are welcome to bring along garden produce, plants, craft item, bottles or jars
- Library – there is a large selection of books and magazines for members to borrow
- Supper – with herbal tea
The Herb Society established and, inconjugation with the Parks and Reserves, maintains the fragrant garden at the Blind Centre.
A monthly newsletter “Herbal Harvest” is emailed to all financial members.
Subscriptions are $35 per person and $50 per family.
You are welcome to come along for two meetings and see if you like us before you join up. We do hope you will increase your knowledge of herbs with us.
Programme for 2021 (PDF, 66.94 kB)
- April 2020 (PDF, 2.93 MB)
- February 2019 (PDF, 546.42 kB)
- August 2017 (PDF, 631.53 kB)
- November 2015 (PDF, 7.72 MB)
Related news items
Southland Herb Society celebrated their 40th anniversary on 13 March with a dinner at the Cabbage Tree Restaurant. Forty five past and present members gathered to reminisce. Jane Wrigglesworth joined the proceedings as the after dinner speaker. She spoke in particular on the use of herbs to help… Read more...
A display will be at The Invercargill City Library, between 12-26th April show casing the HFNZ, our Society activities and specifically this year’s four Herbs of the Month - Parsley, Penny Royal, Wineberry and Lichen. These herbs will also be highlighted at our monthly meetings (last Thursday of… Read more...